Sunday, May 22, 2011

(Clash of the gladiators 2) National Muay Thai Professional Bout Champion

heyyyy. Last Friday was the day! 1 day before the fight, i was still so worried about my weight.. that i couldnt make my weight.. I have to starve myself that day just to make the weigh in go well. Once the weigh in is over, nothing else came in the way.

On the day itself, it was nervous for me of course. No doubt about that.. wondering what will happen.. and waiting and waiting for my turn. I have been training very very hard for this fight. Although i have school, i still tried to attend training almost everyday so i can perform in the fight. Training was hard, all the running... all the skipping... all the rounds of padwork and bagworks.. and the unlimited amounts of knees and kicks.. thinking of it.. it's really kind of crazy! Just before the fight even before Shawn and Joy was getting me ready for the fight, im still having butterflies in the stomach.

Once a step foot into the ring, it was all gone.. all the nervous(ness) all the butterflies.. and all the weird feelings. Did a slow and steady wai kru.. to get myself warmed up and to get myself used to the ring.. ( you know, i have tried going in and not doing a wai kru.. straight away going up and banging with each other.. it was soooo bad.. i couldnt think at all ! ) The fight goes and I shall talk a little about the fight itself. All i can say is, lots of ELBOWS flying.. lots of KICKS swinging.. lots of KNEES.. lesser of punches in this fight. I didn't expect my opponent to be this strong, but i guess my training paid off to cope with the fight. It was a really close fight!! and a very good one too! Judge 1 scored 48 to 47 to me. Judge 2 scored 49 to 47 to him. Judge 3 scored 49 to 47 to me. I won! by one point! really a good fight and i cut his ear with my elbow. Officially my first PRO bout and i WON. Very Very happy.

I would like to firstly thank my beautiful girlfriend of more than 4 years. Sometimes i had to neglect her for training and she had to be alone at home. All the moral support she gave me! all the text messages of JIA YOU! and TRAIN HARD! just keeps going and going.. she just told me to not give up! to smoke lesser.. to go run! I reminded me to think of the fight, that i don't want to be tired in the fight! i had to train hard! I will always implant your words in my mind during training and train harder! Now that i am a winner! I really thank you babygirl! I LOVE YOU!

Alot of credits to the gym i belong to, BXG. Trainer Joy holds most of the credit, he was the one who pushed me all the way for the fight. Telling me what to do, imparting skills to me.. drilling me with padwork over and over again. i could not have make it without all these and i really am very grateful. Joe also helped me out, he actually cut the training fees for the last 2 weeks so i didn't have to pay for a month just to train for two weeks. Joe also told me that i could make it and to not worry about the fight. Also a big thank you to all the gymmates who asked me to dont give up in the gym, those who hold pad for me.. those who wore the Belt Pad in which i threw 600 knees on...those who help me out and gave me advices on the way..and cheered me out there in the fight.. really appreciate it.

My friends and brothers who came down specially to watch. Some taking half days, some rushed down after work to make it to the fight, some took time off from camp to make it.. some took MC to make it. I really appreciate the thought of you guys.. you guys are great! Thank you for shouting for me! I hope i didn't disappoint you guys!

No comments: